Revised 25-January- DarkVader
If you have questions or info to add, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This FAQ or a revision will be maintained in an announcement post for the benefit of those members of the Knoxville Gothic community that are new to the scene and website.
THE KNOXGOTHIC FAQ
Why was Knox Gothic formed?
There arose a need for the local community to have a static place on the web that provided friendly, well-moderated atmosphere to meet and discuss current events, every day life, and issues pertaining to our culture. A full history of Gothic culture is currently in the works and will be published when it is finished.
Does KG track itï¿½s users web habits in any way or use Spyware?
No. KG is totally against the use of any type of software that reveals personal information about a user. We also do not, nor will we ever track our users web surfing habits.
Will my email address be sold to mass marketing firms?
No. This will never happen.
If I submit a piece of art or writing to the forum or the KG website, do I lose my rights to it?
No. All art, opinions, and writings published by KG members on KnoxGothic.com remain solely the property of the author/artist. KnoxGothic does reserve the right to remove anything deemed offensive by community standards or use anything published by members on the website.
I keep seeing KGB and BOD. What do they stand for?
KGB and BOD stand for KnoxGothic Board and Board of Directors respectively. Both are used to refer to the KnoxGothic Board of Directors. The members of the KGB are the private owners of KnoxGothic and all of her assets. In many cases, it's the KGB that plan, organize, and fund events on behalf of the Knoxville area gothic community.
One of my posts was deleted or modified. Why does KG do this?
There arise times when a forum moderator may need to make a judgment call about an inflammatory post or a post surrounding a community sensitive subject. Unfortunately, this isnï¿½t an exact science. It is policy that when this kind of thing needs to happen, an explanation is given.
Why isn't guest posting allowed on the KG forum?
The ability to post without registering has been tried before within the community but has failed due to people taking advantage of the ability to post anonymously with the intention of hurting others. To keep this from happening, you must become a KG forum member before you post.
I'm having technical problems accessing the forum. Who can I contact to get this fixed?
Contact email@example.com via email with very descriptive information concerning what error message you are getting, what web browser you are using, and what you are doing when the error happens. Remember, the more info you give us, the better we can help.
I am community minded and would like to submit articles, pictures, writings, art, or help with a specific KG sponsored event. Who do I contact?
To submit original art and writings to use on the KnoxGothic.com site itself, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To volunteer to help out or perform at a KG sponsored event, contact Arkady@knoxgotic.com. If you are a DJ and want to spin at Sanctus, contact Bone@knoxgothic.com for a list of required references.
I wish to change my member/screen name for the KG forum. How do I do this?
Email email@example.com with your current user name and the name you wish to change it to. You'll know it's happened when you are unable to log in with the original username. Just switch to typing the new one when that happens. KG Administration reserves the right to reject requested usernames.
What is a "Pirate Raid"?
A pirate raid (a term brought to KnoxGothic by Celticsmith) is similar to sailing out to sea and boarding boats.
A sizable contingent of KnoxGothic members travels to another city (we haven't got a ship yet, so we're currently reduced to driving) and boards their goth night. We've been known to outnumber the locals on occasion.
We typically kidnap their people and bring them back. (Just look at the number of Nashville people posting here, and the number we've actually dragged out to Sanctus.)
What is an "Iblis Link"?
Imagine the vilest, most disgusting thing you could think of, multiply *10, and then imagine that appearing on your screen after clicking a link. Got that picture? Good. You're getting the idea. Sometimes you might get lucky with the Iblis Link, and only get porn or basic blood and guts. It might even be funny. But it's probably not worth the risk.
Iblis links are generally marked with the smiley. This IS a warning that you probably don't want to click the link, and if your work cares what you see on the internet, definately don't click it at work.
If you do click one, we are NOT responsible for the results. Please consult your psychiatrist for further assistance.
The Forum Rules
1. There will be no arbitrary bashing, flaming, or general nastiness tolerated from any users of the KnoxGothic forum system. Put simply, this is not the place for it. If you have issues with with another forum member, discuss it with them face to face or via email. This is not to say that you cannot disagree with someone and have a discussion over on the issue within the KG forum format. You just canï¿½t get personal and start calling them names because they pissed you off. If someone attacks you, contact an administrator. DO NOT respond with a counterattack.
2. The KnoxGothic forum system is generally PG-13 so no posting any pornographic pictures. Also, refrain from posting thread titles containing offensive words. Do not post any abusive, obscene, slanderous, hateful, or threatening material, or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. The webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.
3. While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
4. Cloning threads, General Spamming, and bumping thread to remove other threads from the front page is not allowed.
5. All advertising of community events posted by KG users will be placed in the Upcoming Eventï¿½s forum. Event announcements placed in any other KnoxGothic forum will be moved to the Upcoming Events forum by a Mod. If you want the event added to the calendar, or the announcement sections at the top of the index page, contact firstname.lastname@example.org via email at least 48 hours in advance with the word ï¿½Community Eventï¿½ as the subject. FYI This rule may be occasionally broken only by the KGB, life just kind of sucks that way.
6. Signature pictures are currently allowed. Please keep the pictures in the realm of good taste. Signatures should be no more than 75X468 pixels, with a file size no larger than 40KB. If this privilege becomes an issue, sig pics will be disallowed.
7. Avatars may be no larger than 128X128 pixels, with a file size no larger than 40KB. Avatars exceeding these dimensions may be removed without warning. Administrators may make an exception to this rule at their discretion. If you've got an exemption, you'll know it, please don't ask for one.
8. Avatars and graphic signatures must maintain some semblance of good taste. Graphics deemed inappropriate will be removed at an administrator's discretion.
9. There can be no posting of links to WAREZ or pirated software and music.
10. There will be no posting of KG users private information such as phone numbers, addresses, bank account numbers, etc.
11. We reserve the right to instantly ban anyone we feel may be a troll pending investigation. If, after further investigation, we feel the banning was a mistake we may restore access to the banned user.
We use the following definition of "troll" for clairification:
Troll 1) As a verb, the practice of trying to lure other Internet users into sending responses to carefully-designed incorrect statements or similar "bait."
In a real example, a forum contributor mentions the discovery of an ancient African carving containing a list of prime numbers. The contributor further lists some of the prime numbers found and includes some numbers that, in fact, are not prime numbers. Other contributors then send serious replies, correcting the list of prime numbers cited. The originator of the troll then announces that so-and-so has been "hooked."
Definition of "troll" was taken from here.
12. Harassment of any kind via the private messaging system is PROHIBITED. Anyone who feels that they are being harassed via private message should reply to the message with the following EXACT wording:
"I feel that you are harassing me, please do not contact me via private message again."
A copy of the message you feel was harassing should be sent to email@example.com along with a note that you sent a message with the above wording.
If you receive a message from anyone containing this wording, you ARE NOT to contact the person involved again.
Any PM contact after a message containing this wording is received will result in your account immediately being banned.
13. Verified threats of physical violence against another KG member (or former member) will result in an IMMEDIATE ban. This rule is not limited to forum-based contact, but also includes telephone and real-life contact if verifiable. If you have been threatened and consider it to be a serious threat, you should contact the police. You should also email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of the threat.
14. As a user you agree to any information you have entered into the KnoxGothic.com Forum being stored in a database. While your personal information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
16. Your e-mail address is used for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one). While we will never sell your email address to a third party, we may periodically send you emails informing you of upcoming community-related and KnoxGothic.com sponsored
17. These rules are in a constant state of development and will be changed when necessary at the KGB's discretion.
If it's not covered by one of those other categories, you should probably talk about it here. Be nice.
1 post • Page 1 of 1